Curious about something?

If you want to know something about this process that hasn't been covered, just send me an email, and I'll blog it!

Email me at: lifewithsleevie@gmail.com

Days Since My Surgery

Surgery Date Ticker

Weight Lost So Far.....

Weight Loss Ticker

Pounds to go.......

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

After Thoughts

I've just realized today that I've lost 70 pounds and have 71 pounds more to go to get down to 120 pounds.....I am half way to my goal and only 5 months post-op.  Saturday was my 5 months post-op day.  That's pretty damn good!  I am happy with how the numbers on the scale are going down and how the clothes are getting bigger, I just wish my brain would catch up with everything!  I still just see the "fat me".  I am hoping that the next 6 months will bring a lot of physical change that I can really see, such as my thighs leaning out and muscles starting to appear.


Onto a more personal item.....bowel movements - I'm regular!  Ever since I upped my vitamins I've been having bowel movements every day or every other day.  This is great news.  I don't think it's healthy to not have poops every day.  From what I have read, it can increase your risk of certain types of cancer to not have regularity, so I am really happy that things are really regular these days.  

Some people are really dumb.  As I mentioned before I am working at a new location.  I ran into someone from the department I used to work at in another facility.  I haven't seen this person, "J", for 7 or 8 months. Although J is a nice person, she has a big mouth and is a gossiper.  J found out I was working at this new place, as is she, and decided to seek me out.  When she saw me, she was dumbfounded at my weight loss.  "OMG look at you!  You're so skinny, girl you've lost like 50, 60, 100 pounds!  Oh, you're so cute now!  So tiny."  Errrr, cute "now".  I'm thinking to myself so, what you're saying is I was fugly before?  Then she proceeds to tell my new co-workers just how much weight I have, in fact, lost.  It was really uncomfortable, not to mention awkward.  Then to make matters worse, I find out that a lady, "M", I went to school with 6 years ago, also works at this new facility and hasn't seen me in over a year.  J brought her over to see me.  "OMG, you HAVE lost a lot of weight.  What are you doing, tell us EVERYTHING".  I somehow was roped into spending my break with them and getting grilled on exactly what I eat, how much I am eating and when.  It was so.....invasive.  Thank God my break was only 15 minutes.  I practically ran away from them when I told them I had to go back.  When I got back to my desk, I was then grilled by my new co-workers.  Sigh.  I just wanted the questions to stop.



I am trying so hard to keep my personal life separate from my work life.  I don't want to be a poster child for this surgery.  This was a personal decision that I don't need to explain or justify to people.  I had this surgery because I have a problem with food.  A problem much like an alcoholic or drug addict.  It makes me feel weak that I couldn't beat this addiction to food by myself, that I had to have 3/4 of my stomach removed so I wouldn't die from my overeating or diseases secondary to overeating.  It kills me that I couldn't do this myself.  That I had dieted time and time again, only to fail miserably.  I don't want people to know this, this weak part of me, especially people I work with.  People can be cruel and judgmental.  I am the kind of person that wants to go to work, enjoy her job, do her job, go home and collect her paycheck every two weeks.  That's it.  I learned the hard way once, sharing something personal only to have the entire department know about it.  I have the mentality of whatever I tell someone, it's like I'm telling the whole department.  It's best to keep personal things personal.  I will admit though, inside I feel like a fraud when people ask what I'm doing and I tell them I'm just eating less, eating healthy stuff and exercising.  I hate that feeling, but feel strongly that it's no one's business but my own.  What do you think?  Would YOU tell people you have had this surgery?  Why?

No comments:

Post a Comment