Curious about something?

If you want to know something about this process that hasn't been covered, just send me an email, and I'll blog it!

Email me at: lifewithsleevie@gmail.com

Days Since My Surgery

Surgery Date Ticker

Weight Lost So Far.....

Weight Loss Ticker

Pounds to go.......

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Constipation, Nausea, Disgusting Protein Powder and my Breakfast today

I am constipated  :(  I honestly thought that this would not be a problem for me as I have Irritable Bowel Syndrome and "dropping a duece" is usually a twice, some times thrice, occurrence a day.  Well, I have not gone since Saturday, despite adding "Bene-Fiber" into my liquids.  I took two extra-strength  Ex-Lax tablets a few hours ago.  The back of the bottle says it produces a bowel movement in 6-12 hours.  Well, I damn hope so!!!!  The next step would be to trot on over to Shopper's Drug Mart and get a fleet Enema.  Can't say I'm thrilled about that thought.  I guess my other alternative would be to go down to the emergency department, but honestly, if something's gotta go up my ass, I'd prefer to do it myself, thanks.  I know that this what will happen as I work in the health care system and I have a pretty good idea what steps they would be taking.  If I don't drop a duece by dinner time tomorrow, I guess I'll be "fleeting".  Ahhhh, living the dream peeps, living the dream! 

My nausea has really started to subside, I'm quite thrilled about that.  I was taking my sub-lingual pills every 8 hours, on the 8 hour mark, because the nausea was so damn persistent.  However, I've been really monitoring my liquid intake, trying to get as much as I can get in and it seems to have paid off.  The past two days I've only had to take my anti-puke pills first thing in the morning and then I'm ok for the rest of the day.  The only reason I think I am having to take them first thing in the morning is due to dehydration from the 8-10 hours of sleep when I am ko'd.  I've got a water bottle on my night stand now, we'll see if that helps at all.

Tried a protein shake last night.  I used one scoop of "Gourmet Whey" Milk Chocolate and one cup of skim milk.....yeah, it was disgusting.  I tried two sips of it and came close to spewing chunks everywhere.  At least I tried it.  It was disappointing though, I naively expected it to taste like Milk Chocolate, I should have known better.  It is so hard to find a decent protein powder that doesn't taste like spluge.  I do have a Vanilla flavored protein powder, also by "Gourmet Whey".  I may try that in a few days, we'll see.  

Had real food for breakfast today - one scrambled egg, 1 tsp shredded Tex-Mex three cheese blend and 2 tsp light feta cheese.  OMGosh it was delish!!!!  Mmmmm, REAL food.....yummy.  Hey, it's the little things in life, right?   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment