Curious about something?

If you want to know something about this process that hasn't been covered, just send me an email, and I'll blog it!

Email me at: lifewithsleevie@gmail.com

Days Since My Surgery

Surgery Date Ticker

Weight Lost So Far.....

Weight Loss Ticker

Pounds to go.......

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Friday, July 22, 2011

Special Delivery.....

Woke up this morning to...nothing, no poop, no dueces dropped, nada, zilch.  I just figured that the laxative didn't work since it had been so long since I had gone and I had resigned myself to picking up the fleet enema after dinner.  I was out and about, helping my hubby with some work errands he had to do and we ended up in an industrial-type area.  No biggie.  I was sipping on my water and reading my book.....when suddenly, I felt *something* deep from the depths of my bowels descending down my colon and it was unstoppable and slightly painful.  "It'sa coming...ohhhh lordy-lordy-lordy!!!" I told myself wondering just how big this loaf would be if it felt like I was being shanked a few times.  If ever there was a time that I doubted my little Pontiac G5 could fly, it is gone.  My little beast hauled ass to the gas station which was only a few blocks away in record time although, I seriously didn't think I would even make it, I was sure that my rectal muscles were not going to be able to assist me and that I should, in fact, have worn "Depends" just as I had speculated the night before.  Alas, I somehow made it into the bathroom with miliseconds to spare.  The moment that followed was nothing short of the heavens opening, bright beams of sunlight cascading down upon me with Angels singing......yep, it was a very, very good thing because I really, really did not want to do that enema. 

Went to my weekly visit with my GP to get my vitamin B12 shot and weigh-in.  Down 6 pounds, for a total loss of 21 pounds, now weighing 240 pounds from 261 pounds.  Amazing, BUT not spectacular.  I managed to get down to 240 pounds last summer from 250 pounds, so while this is really good, it is not a "new" number for me....hopefully next week will show numbers I haven't seen in years on the scale.  My doctor has cleared me for exercise, but cardio equipement only - elliptical, treadmill, bike, stair master - but still no pushing, pulling or lifting.  At least this is something since I've been going a little stir-crazy being inside a lot.  I just hope I have enough energy to actually do some cardio.  I'll start small, 15-20 minutes and see how that goes.  My incisions are looking better, much better.  I'll post some pics of them tomorrow. 

I am also officially onto soft foods tomorrow - pureed meat (chicken & fish), scrambled & poached eggs, etc. - although I had starting eating eggs earlier this week.  I just couldn't do the soup broth anymore, it was making me gag.  This is really exciting, I'll be reviewing my food guide from the hospital so I know what I am able to eat at this stage and have it posted in the kitchen for quick viewing.  Yup, life is gooooooood.  Now if I could just have that bath........

No comments:

Post a Comment