Curious about something?

If you want to know something about this process that hasn't been covered, just send me an email, and I'll blog it!

Email me at: lifewithsleevie@gmail.com

Days Since My Surgery

Surgery Date Ticker

Weight Lost So Far.....

Weight Loss Ticker

Pounds to go.......

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Top 10 Things I'm looking forward to.......

1.  I think I have the most amazing, F-AWESOME husband ever.  I was treated to a mini-shopping spree at my all-time favorite pampering place, LUSH.  Ahhhh, wonderful smells and products.  Whenever I use a bath bomb from here, I feel like a million bucks when I get out of the bath, which brings me to item number one, TAKING A LONG HOT BATH!!!!  If you haven't been to LUSH or heard about it, check them out  http://www.lush.com/   I am still about a month out before that will happen though but I am already envisioning all the LUSH goodness I will be partaking in that day.    I could easily drop a $500 in here if I don't pay attention to what I eagerly put into my basket.  Which reminds me, I should check my lotto tickets I bought before I had surgery......

2.  Coming in at a close second, surprising even myself, is being able to work out.  I'm not talking about walking around the block or taking the dogs for a walk, but a good weight-lifting session, preferably a leg session cause my legs are pretty strong.  I am really looking forward to listening to my nasty, mean music and burning up my legs.  I find these sudden urges very comical, as going to the gym has not been something I've actually longed to do for about 6 years.  My mentality the past few years has been "why bother", as I don't seem to lose weight.  Well, that is going to change, for damn sure!

3.  Trying out yoga with the two killer deals I just got off of "living social" and "groupon".  I am really looking forward to increasing my flexibility and getting toned.  I've done Bikram's Yoga before and I noticed a huge difference in my flexibility in less than 5 sessions.

4.  Being able to bend over and tie my shoes without losing my breath and damn near passing out.  I am soooo embarrassed by even admitting this.

5.  My heel/knee/hip pain going away.  My GP is convinced, as am I, that this pain is due to my weight.  I have noticed that since the surgery, my pain has lessoned a great deal and that is AMAZING.  

6.  Wearing a bikini and not feeling like a beached whale, more like a sexy siren.  Yup, there I said it - "sexy siren".  Yes, I want to be sexy in a bathing suit for ME and for my hubby.  I'm only 32 not 92, I should be able to wear sexy things and go out with my hubby and want to be seen in outfits as opposed to wanting to cover up and hide all of the time.

7.  Getting off all the prescription drugs related to my weight.  It bothers me a lot that I am on two medications for high blood pressure, one for GERD, one for depression, one for depression/sleep disorder, one for sleeping (related to the depression).  Again, I'm only 32, this is messed up!!!!

8.  My GERD going away - forever!  This is a most painful condition if I don't stay medicated.  It would be similar to swallowing acid and puking it up throughout the day.  I have had to resume this medication as of a few days ago, but I'm really hoping eventually with the weight-loss and once my stomach is healed this will be a thing of the past.

9.  Eating "normal food".  Although I don't have food cravings per say, I *do* miss CHEWING and chewing TEXTURE.  I need something to sink my teeth into and chomp away at.

10.  Being involved in life and not watching it pass me by like an out of control freight train.

No comments:

Post a Comment