Curious about something?

If you want to know something about this process that hasn't been covered, just send me an email, and I'll blog it!

Email me at: lifewithsleevie@gmail.com

Days Since My Surgery

Surgery Date Ticker

Weight Lost So Far.....

Weight Loss Ticker

Pounds to go.......

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Friday, July 15, 2011

Stitches are out....gross pics (for some), you've been warned!

It's here - free stuff!!!!
I got some free stuff in the mail today, I LOVE free stuff!!!!  Celebrate Vitamins sells vitamins/supplements exclusively for gastric surgery patients.  On the web site, a few days before my surgery, I ordered a free sampler pack and it came in the mail today.  I was given a bunch of goodies which I am excited to try out.  The pack comes with a bunch of chewable vitamins in a variety of flavors - grape, forest berry, cherry tart, strawberry creme, chocolate, pineapple-strawberry - as well as a multivitamin/calcium drink mix.  Very cool.  Check them out at http://www.celebratevitamins.com/  If you are not sure what to get or where to start, click on the "order builder" icon on the left, select your surgery and the site gets you started on vitamin recommendations based on the type of surgery that you had.

Lots of goodies to try out

 Got my stitches out, so happy about that, but I have a mild infection....no surprise there.  I am a slow healer and with having a rough two weeks, I'm not surprised my sites are mildly infected.  At least they are mild and it could be a lot worse.  Also had my vit B12 shot today, I'm hoping that it will give me some more energy, I could sure use it.  The greyish stuff is tape residue, just so you know it's not so other freaky skin thing.  Oh, aaaaaaannnnd, down another 2 lbs for a total of 15 lbs in 2 weeks.  I'm happy with that.

Incision under my left ribcage

Where my drainage tube was

The most disturbing one (to me) on my lower abdomen; it looks so deep, but it's not

I decided to treat myself to a pedicure today since my feet are so dry and they could use a good soak, scrub and pampering.  Besides, the last time I had a pedi was last summer!!!!!  I usually just scrub my own feet, but bending over still hurts a wee bit, so I figured this pedi was totally justifiable and for $27 how could I say "no"?

No comments:

Post a Comment