Curious about something?

If you want to know something about this process that hasn't been covered, just send me an email, and I'll blog it!

Email me at: lifewithsleevie@gmail.com

Days Since My Surgery

Surgery Date Ticker

Weight Lost So Far.....

Weight Loss Ticker

Pounds to go.......

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Yayyyyy, no plateau!!!!

My "Triple 0"
Well, not yet.  BUT, after cutting out sugar and cream from my tea and coffee this past week, my weight loss went from a measly 2.5 pounds to a 4 pound loss.  Amazing that tea and sugar can do that much damage.  I replaced my brown sugar cubes which I usually use 1-2 in my coffee, sometimes one in my tea, depending on what kind of tea I am drinking, with liquid Sugar Twin.  It's a beauty, it really is.  I call it the "triple - 0" since the calorie/sugar/carbs count is all zero.  Plus, I don't notice the taste difference, if any, so it's a straight out bonus.  For cream, I just started using 1% milk.  It has obviously cut the calories out since I use enough creamer/milk to make my coffee a "tan" color, however, the taste is definitely NOT the same at all.  It's "do-able" but nothing to get excited over.  I picked up a fat-free coffee creamer while grocery shopping today, so we'll see how that tastes tomorrow.  I also bought a bunch of flavored teas - cinnamon apple, cranberry apple and some jasmine tea (one of my favorites).  I'm trying to get off the coffee.  Wish me luck, LOL.

So, here I am, 2 pounds away from ONEderland.  I am determined to lose those 2 pounds come next friday, dammit.  I don't want to plateau yet, or ever for that matter, which is unrealistic, but please!  Plateau gods, please wait until I'm at least in ONEderland.  I am going to keep pushing ahead following my coffee/tea requirements that I have established for myself for this upcoming week.  My slightly unrealistic goal would be to get down to 196 pounds (5 pound loss), but with things starting to slow a bit (I'm sure a plateau is near) I would be happy with getting down to 198 pounds.  It's still too early for me to tell if my weight loss has been hampered by the sugar/cream calories or if this is just the natural progression of the plateau (no one is immune to it my friends) or if I just really need to start getting some cardio/weights back into the mix OR, if there is some sort of mix of all things.  I'm sure the exercise is a big portion of it, either way.  I have found some resistance bands that I really like but will be ordering off the web next pay-day and I also discovered an at home work out with resistance bands in the "Oxygen" mag that I read.  So, yeah, I'm pretty excited to start trying that workout with my resistance bands when I get them.

I am still adjusting to my new job working between two new facilities; actually, I am learning four new jobs between two new facilities with different hours, so I am not sure if I am going to make it two the gym this week.  Going to the gym has been right at the forefront of my mind, like a rash on one's ass.  I know it's there, I haven't forgotten it's there and I'm sure as hell wanting to soothe it.  I have two more weeks of scheduled training and then another three weeks after that point where I feel I need it.  So, my schedule is going to be out of whack for another four to five weeks at least.  I'm going to try though...I'm sooooo close!

No comments:

Post a Comment