Curious about something?

If you want to know something about this process that hasn't been covered, just send me an email, and I'll blog it!

Email me at: lifewithsleevie@gmail.com

Days Since My Surgery

Surgery Date Ticker

Weight Lost So Far.....

Weight Loss Ticker

Pounds to go.......

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, October 30, 2011

4 Months Post-Op Today!

Today I am 120 days post op.  Hard to believe it's been 4 months already, where does the time go?  Friday was a very happy day....I'm down 4 pounds to 195 pounds!  I am quite pleased with the amount that I have lost, a total of 65 pounds, but I am still in disbelief, if that makes sense?  I see the numbers on the scale going down, the clothes getting smaller and hear the compliments from people noticing, but when I look at myself in the mirror I don't really see the changes.  Kinda frustrating.

Hair loss.  Yup, I noticed it about a week ago.  When I'm conditioning my hair in the shower and run my hand through my hair, it's like I've just pet Chewbacca, lol.  I knew it was coming so I'm not overly surprised or upset.  It is most noticeable along my hairline on my forehead.  Ah well, what can ya do?  I'm taking my vitamins and getting my B12 shots (every 2 weeks now) and making sure I hit 80 grams of protein each day, which is still hard to do.  I have really plan out my eating and drinking timeline for the day.

For those of you that are wondering what I am eating, 4 months out, it's pretty simple things.  Breakfast is typically fat free greek yogurt with fruit, either raspberries or 1/4 banana.  For lunch or dinner I will have a Stouffer's Meatloaf & Mashed potatoes (2 meals for me) or 2 oz chicken breast with 2 tablespoons spaghetti sauce and 1 tbsp shredded parmesan cheese.....for the past several weeks.  Yes, I'm a creature of habit.  Plus, it's just so easy to eat these things.  Not a lot of prep involved.  I've recently started experimenting with pre-made protein drinks since I still find the powdered protein a touchy thing.  It's been great for drinking at home, but to take it to work and make it is a whole different story.  It doesn't mix as well resulting in "chunkies" which make me gag.  I'll let you know how my search goes.  Protein powders/drinks are essential to getting in enough protein each day, so I keep plugging along trying to find ones that work.

A note to my followers:  THANK YOU for your virtual support, it means a lot to me.  :)  I'm glad you're here.  THANK YOU!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment