Curious about something?

If you want to know something about this process that hasn't been covered, just send me an email, and I'll blog it!

Email me at: lifewithsleevie@gmail.com

Days Since My Surgery

Surgery Date Ticker

Weight Lost So Far.....

Weight Loss Ticker

Pounds to go.......

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Frozen Dinners Are Yummy! :P

For food this week I've been eating frozen dinners.  They're quick and not to mention cheap.  One frozen dinner lasts me three meals and at the moment, I'm hooked on macaroni and beef as well as a roasted veggies and beef "Healthy Request" meal.  Not bad if you think about it, I'm spending about $4.50 a day to eat at the moment, even better this upcoming week as I scored big time at the store and bought the frozen dinners for $1 a piece (usually $3.99 each).  I'm pretty happy about that, in terms of money, however, I really miss eating salads.  Huge, colorful salads packed with crunchy veggies and protein.  I also really miss eating fruits.....diving into a huge slice of juicy watermelon or a tasty sticky mango.  *sigh*  Since I am trying to get my protein intake around 80 grams a day, that seems to be all that I eat.  There really isn't any room left for veggies or fruit once I've eaten my protein.  My intake is essentially this:  wake up have a cup of watered down juice with my meds, wait 30 minutes, have breakfast, wait 45 minutes, have a coffee/tea, wait 30 minutes, have lunch, wait 45 minutes, have water for a few hours, have my evening tea, wait 30 minutes, have dinner, wait 45 minutes and have liquids until bedtime.  Yup, that's my day, every day.  Sometimes instead of my evening tea I will have soup instead, but that's usually only once or twice a week.

Checked in this friday for my now bi-weekly doctor appointment and am weighing in at 213 pounds for a total loss of 48 pounds at the 11 week mark.  Only two pounds lost, BUT, I am entering the PMS zone so I'm sure I'm going to balloon up another 7-10 pounds *ugh*.  ONEderland is now only 14 pounds away.......

I had a "sleevie" lesson over the weekend.  Went out for dinner with the hubby for his belated birthday since he was working on his actual birthday.  I ordered a caesar salad with grilled chicken.  I didn't eat very much, pro'lly about 3 oz worth (I'm getting really good at eye-balling my portion sizes), but I had two extra bites beyond the tightness that I get which I have thus far assumed is my "full" marker.  Now, the two extra bites I had were two pieces of ripped up romaine lettuce that you typically get in a salad, so honestly not a whole lot.  Well, from the way I was feeling, I felt as though I had eaten an entire pot roast or something.  My punishment?  45 minutes of extreme tightness, the feeling of food sitting in my throat (not really food there, but that is what it felt like) and, of course, sleevie's favorite, nausea.  Joy.  Lesson learned.  DO NOT EAT A SINGLE SCRAP ONCE SLEEVIE TIGHTENS UP.

Goals for this week: work out at the gym four times.  The past two weeks have not been very fruitful in terms of my work out attempts, mind you, my Mother has been hospitalized and visiting her takes priority over my work-outs.  I'm glad to say she is now home after a two week stay and is on the mend.  I am also going to be trying out Yoga starting this week.  I bought a few coupons from the ever-popular sites such as "Groupon", "Living Social" and "Wag Jag", and I am really looking forward to doing Yoga.


On a side note, I bought a "goal" bathing suit.  Nothing fancy other than it being a bikini, but I don't think that it is an unreasonable goal outfit.  I managed to dig up the bikini I had when I had previously lost a lot of weight back in 2004.  Yes, I kept it all this time.  It's a really cute little bathing suit and I've always hung onto it in the hopes it would one day fit again.  The black suit is the one I hope to fit into when I reach my goal of 120 pounds and the suit on the right is the bikini I wore as a size 10 at 160 pounds.  I don't think I'm being unrealistic in picking out the black bikini considering that the top and bottom are a size "large"....which to me, still seems small to even be considered a large.  So there it is, my goal outfits.  They await in my closet.  Hoping that by next summer, I'll be wearing them.


Bikini from 2004
New Bikini

2 comments:

  1. Nice goal! Looks darling.

    Question: you have to wait 30 minutes are drinking TO eat? Wow. I hate my hour after eating but "my" rule (from my Dr) is only an 10 minutes before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am supposed to wait 15-30 minutes. I prefer waiting the 30 minutes because I can still feel the liquid sloshing around in sleevie. If I am eating out, I usually only wait 10-15 minutes. I would just rather sleevie be completely emptied before I eat so the food is not washed down with the liquid and I end up eating more.

    ReplyDelete