Curious about something?

If you want to know something about this process that hasn't been covered, just send me an email, and I'll blog it!

Email me at: lifewithsleevie@gmail.com

Days Since My Surgery

Surgery Date Ticker

Weight Lost So Far.....

Weight Loss Ticker

Pounds to go.......

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Friday, September 9, 2011

19 pounds from ONEderland

No doctor this friday, so I jumped on my own scale.....215 pounds.  I've lost 46 pounds in 10 weeks.  46 pounds.  In 10 weeks.  I can finally tell that my body is changing, I mean I can really see it now.  For the longest time I have been saying to myself that I don't *see* any weight coming off, but I can sure tell now!!!  Most of my work pants are sagging around my butt, stomach and thighs.  It's time to donate to charity and go shopping for new clothes.  Since I am losing weight still, I'll likely be getting my new old clothes at a thrift store.  What's the point of buying brand new stuff that isn't going to fit two months down the road? 

While I haven't made it to the gym at all this week, I have been walk-running around the block where I live.  I go for walks with the hubby and burst out into a jog for as long as I can, then I speed walk and then jog again.  It feels good to get outside.  My short term goal is to be able to get around the entire block at a jog, no walking.  I have not been wanting to go to the gym because quite frankly, I hate being inside when it's nice out and the though of doing cardio staring at a wall does nothing for me.  I don't know how, several years ago, I managed to do 1-2 hours of cardio a day (two seperate visits) on the cardio machine at the gym AND my weight training routine.....oh yeah, I was single, lol.  I am thinking of canceling my gym membership and investing in some weights, bands and a ball to do a home routine....we'll see how I feel about that when winter comes.  I HATE being outside when it's cold and wet, so I may start to enjoy the gym more at that time. 

Eating has and always will be an adventure.  The past few weeks I have learned that any soup with the title "cream" in it, is just not a good idea.  I generally get nauseated within 15 minutes.  I also ate trail mix that initially was ok, but about a half hour later made me feel nauseated.  While I doubt I'll try cream soups anymore, I will try the trail mix again, but I think I'll only have 1/3 cup and see how that works out for me.  One thing is for sure, I am getting sick of chicken!  I eat chicken breast twice a day, lunch and dinner, either mixed with salad, quinoa pasta, rice or quinoa itself, but I am starting to feel "gaggy" with the chicken breast.  I know this has nothing to do with sleevie as I have always been like this.  When I eat a particular item for too long, I start imagining that it smells "off", or tastes "off" because I start gag when it's in my mouth.  This is what is starting to happen with the chicken breast.  I will have to see what else I can cook up for next week to give myself a break from chicken or check out some frozen dinners for some variety. 

I just had a thought.  I am only 19 pounds away from ONEderland.  If I continue losing 5 pounds or so a week, I should be there in another month!  Wowzers.  Haven't seen those numbers since 2005-2006?  I can't even remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment