Curious about something?

If you want to know something about this process that hasn't been covered, just send me an email, and I'll blog it!

Email me at: lifewithsleevie@gmail.com

Days Since My Surgery

Surgery Date Ticker

Weight Lost So Far.....

Weight Loss Ticker

Pounds to go.......

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly



Ok, so my 6 month surgiversary was about 2 weeks ago, so this is a little late, but better than never.  Hard to believe it's already been 6 months - time sure flies once life gets going.  Since my blog is about "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly" with the sleeve, I figured I'd do a post reflecting on this at the 6 month mark and I've re-caped my first month post-op good, bad and ugly.


1 month post-op

The Good
- No hunger pangs controlling me
- Knowing what "full" is
- Fitting into clothes that were previously too small for me (yes, this early!)
- The drug Zofran for nausea & vomiting
- Ex-Lax & Bene-Fiber (to help with the constipation)
- Feeling hopeful about the future for the first time in a long time

The Bad
- Nausea
- Vomiting
- Constipation
- Liquid/pureed food
- No energy
- Not being able to get enough liquids in
- ER visits
- Eating too fast/not chewing properly (see first two on this list)

The Ugly
- Incision sites
- One bite too many (OMG, sooooo uncomfortable see next one)
- Food sitting in my throat (see above)


6 months post-op

The Good
- Down 75 pounds
- No hunger pangs controlling me
- Knowing what "full" is
- Being able to eat real food
- Clothes that no longer fit after a few weeks (I just bought these!!!)
- Feeling good about myself
- Looking forward to life, not sitting on the side watching the world go by
- Having a healthy relationship with food
- Learning to handle my emotions instead of eating them away
- Fitting into my "it" piece of clothing
- Being able to tie up my shoes without nearly passing out
- Fitting into seats on the bus, in the movie theater, restaurant, etc
- Only being on one medication for blood pressure and one for GERD
- No more hip/knee/heel pain

The Bad
- Trying new foods, I never know if sleevie will like them or not
- Creamy soups (bad, very very baaaad)
- Clothes that no longer fit after a few weeks (I just bought these!)
- Too many bites of something sweet (I think the max number is 2) 
- Hair loss (I know it will come back, but still....)
- Nosy people
- Feeling like a fraud when I tell people the weight loss is "just" diet & exercise

 
The Ugly
- Excess skin
- Purple colored incision scars
- One bite too many
- Sleevie's reaction to foods not accepted (extreme nausea & discomfort for a few hours)
- Food nightmares : me eating some type of fatty food and eating and eating and eating and not feeling full, seriously, I'm not kidding.  I wake up freaked out and in a panic that sleevie isn't working and how could I eat so much food?!  I hate these dreams.

1 comment:

  1. COngrats on your weightloss so far! That is awesome! I love the lists you posted..I feel the same way :)

    ReplyDelete