Curious about something?

If you want to know something about this process that hasn't been covered, just send me an email, and I'll blog it!

Email me at: lifewithsleevie@gmail.com

Days Since My Surgery

Surgery Date Ticker

Weight Lost So Far.....

Weight Loss Ticker

Pounds to go.......

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Plateau or PMS?

Saw my doctor on friday, August 19th, for my weekly appointment.  I was pretty excited to tell you the truth, as I was expecting to hit the 220 mark.  I was planning for it, visualizing seeing the scale read 220, yup I was ready to drink in those numbers and savor them......well, to say that I was shocked as s*&t to discover that I weighed in at 233 pounds is a little bit of an understatement.  FAAAAAAAAAKKKKKK.....WTF-F-F-F-F-FAK!!!!  Let me just say that I was dissapointed/bewildered/disgusted/upset at an 8 pound gain, well let's say 6 pounds as the doc's office takes 2 pounds off for stuff like shoes, clothes, water, etc.  But still, that is a lot. 


My doc was able to reason with me.  First he said my appointment times are terrible for weigh-ins as I've already had liquids, a meal and am almost at mid-day, a time when our weight starts to hit its highest point.  Did you know our weight can fluctuate up to 6 pounds or so in a day?!  (Um, ok, maybe, go on, I'm listening).  Plus I'm PMS'ing, am likely bloated, retaining water AND I hadn't had a BM yet that day.  So, all of those factors *could* actually be messing around with what I actually did lose for the week (ok yes, I see your point Doc).  However, even if that is the case, I'd still be at 225 pounds as I doubt I could be down 10 or 11 pounds - can we bloat up that much when we're PMS'ing?  10 pounds, really?  That much?  Is this even possible?  Could I actually be down to 220 pounds and bloated up like a beached whale to 231 pounds?!  I must have lost weight as the Doc said just by looking at me he could tell from my previous visit that I had lost weight.  Also, that same friday and the past two days at work, a few people have commeneted that they noticed I had lost " a lot" of weight.  I know they aren't BS'ing me as they are people that I did not tell I had the surgery.  Also, I've noticed that clothes I wore last week, specifically pants, are starting to float on me, to the point where I'm going to have to wear a belt to hold 'em up.....or just go and buy some pants that do fit.  This is why I hate scales....they LIE!!!!!!! 

Riddle me this, riddle me that........is it possible that I'm just a bloated, beached, PMS'ing whale or have I hit a plateau at 7 weeks post-op?



 

No comments:

Post a Comment